Technical > Wheels, Tyres and Brakes

Magura on a Raven

(1/2) > >>

redcogs:
I wonder if anyone could answer this - My existing bike (a german Rohloff jobbie with 700c wheels) has magura HS11 rim brakes.  I really find them excellent, and would like to transfer them to my new raven sport tour frame (when I get it).  The raven will have the forks which have rear facing bosses for V brakes, and 26" wheels. Is this possible?

joatmon:
I have the HS33's (same brakes different levers, I believe) on my Pace forks these have rear facing canti mounts!

redcogs:
Thanks joatmon - do you also have the boosters fitted?

matthews2398:
I've transfered my 2005 Magura HS33's from my previous mount onto my Raven Tour and they work really well. Yes fitting the rear assembly is fiddly as you have to route the pipe through the braze on eyelets (this involved cutting the nipple from the end of the pipe and refitting a new one). All of this is covered in the workshop book with the Magura booklet. Worst bit is having to remove and refit the change cables so that you can attach the left hand cylinder (viewed from the rear). Take your time and it does work and the reward is in the stopping power.

John M

wookster:
Just to add a note about maguras,i had hs66 on my drop bar Roberts by far the best, so i put a set of "new style" hs33 on my stealth raven AT and now i've found some grey blocks for ceramics its just got better. Fit some you wont be dissapointed...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version