Author Topic: Raven Sport Tour - Ebay  (Read 6428 times)

ianshearin

Re: Raven Sport Tour - Ebay
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »
Hi Dan,
There is a lot of food for thought there, my use for the bike will be a one time expedition and then probably sell it on and get a mountain bike when I get back for fun/General use.
However I like the idea I could use the Sherpa when I get back
This is going to be a lifelong trip for me so keeping the bike would also keep the memories of what I hope will be a trip to remember.
Gonna go check for used Sherpas and look at Thorns leaflet on new ones....
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

Andybg

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »
Ian

It may well be worth having a look at that Nomad on CTC. At the time it was Thorn's expedition bike and as such the tube thcknesses are as per the current Nomad 1/.7/1 and I have found it very capable of carrying weight while being still enjoyable enough to ride unloaded.

Cheers

Andy

Andybg

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »
My frame is slightly smaller than the one on CTC and I am 6' so that bike should be good for you if you can live with the drops

Andy

Andybg

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 07:34:26 pm »
And if someone does not buy it soon I may be forced to  :o :o :o

ianshearin

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 07:35:16 pm »
Do you mean the one for £2500 Andy?
To be honest I would rather buy new than spend that much on a used bike, It probably doesnt make much sense but if Im going to go over 2k then I would prefer new.
I have just looked at the Sherpa and for about 1700 I can get a new one with all the recommended expedition upgrades.
I pains me not to have a rholoff hub but the difference of about 1k means spending more on some lovely camping gear and gadgets.
Not to mention the excitement of building the bike and ordering it......
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

Andybg

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 07:37:56 pm »
No this one:

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=69287

I dont know how much he wants for it but I would value it around 600

Cheers

Andy

Andybg

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »
The one that was up for 2.5k is now open to offers as he really wants to sell quick so maybe worth putting in an offer

Andybg

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 07:40:08 pm »
He had on ebay for 1750 with no bids so might be a bargain to be had

Andy

ianshearin

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »
Thanks for the link Andy, I dont fancy that one, just too many compromises, with such a big trip and putting all my eggs into one basket (Renting out my apartment, burning all my bridges) I have to be drawn mystically to something that is gonna be my best friend for a long time...

I do like that one on Ebay though, that really sings to me..  If I could get a bike like that for under 2k it would certainly be worth considering....
'shing xiong'

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »
Do you mean the one for £2500 Andy?
To be honest I would rather buy new than spend that much on a used bike, It probably doesnt make much sense but if Im going to go over 2k then I would prefer new.
I have just looked at the Sherpa and for about 1700 I can get a new one with all the recommended expedition upgrades.
I pains me not to have a rholoff hub but the difference of about 1k means spending more on some lovely camping gear and gadgets.
Not to mention the excitement of building the bike and ordering it......

Makes sense to me Ian. If I shell out that kinda dosh I want a mint bike plus the fun of picking the bits.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink