Author Topic: My Audax Mk3  (Read 24757 times)

Andybg

Re: My Audax Mk3
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 03:45:18 pm »
Looks like a big step from the seat you had on before. I run a B17 narrow. I have a couple of B17 standards that I just cant get on with so probably going to move them on. I have a secret (not so secret now) desire for a titanium swallow saddle. it just looks so divine

Andy

honesty

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »
I was getting numb gentlemen parts with old saddle. I dont get them with the Brooks, so I'm happy. I do have to tilt it back a bit so I stay sat on my seat bones because at the moment I have a tendency to slide forward a bit and end up sitting on bits that can get very painful!

Anyway, some more photos for the weekends ride.

honesty

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 03:53:26 pm »
Another:

honesty

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 03:54:52 pm »

honesty

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »

honesty

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »

honesty

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:02 pm »

honesty

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

honesty

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 03:58:18 pm »

honesty

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 04:00:07 pm »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »
Well, the bike just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it!  ;D

So nice to see the little changes as you go along, and I do hope the Brooks saddle will settle in quietly for you. I've found the source of creaks can surely be in the nose and also where the rails are swedged (riveted) into the rear flange. Inverting the saddle and applying a single small drop of oil sparingly to the joints can often do the trick and result in (blessed) silence for many months.

Seeing your bike once again with panniers reminds me Thorn's philosophy of maximum versatility runs across all their bikes, including the "go-fast" ones. It is so nice to find an entire line of bicycles that not only allow but encourage taking a load appropriate to the design of the bike. What's more, mudguards are also encouraged to aid all-weather riding, making these true "working" bikes for those who really intend to use them in a variety of circumstances.

Thanks so much for posting this latest set of photos showing not only the bike, but it's "native habitat". That's some stunning scenery and countryside to ride through, and well captured in pictures. I was going to say Photo 3 was right out of a picture-book, but really all of them are! I enjoyed seeing the "open range" cattle and the self-portrait in the shop window with color-matched display is wonderful! Very nicely done and well-shared.

Best,

Dan. (...who is very much looking forward to More!)

honesty

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 04:04:54 pm »
If I'd been paying more attention I would have used the polarising filter to try and remove myself (and other reflections) from the window in the first shot.... but I just snapped and left. Oh well.

jags

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 07:47:47 pm »
excellent photos it super sunshine .
this would be my choice of touring, Audax bike rear panniers and barbag.
to me that set up is just perfect,i wouldn't be bothered one bit by the light  feeling up front.its what ive been used to all my cycling life ;)
thanks for the photos (expensive camera?)

cheers
jags.

honesty

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »
I think I'd like to try a bagman and a carradice nelson as well to see how it compares.

Not cheap, but not silly expensive. A Panasonic G5 + polarising filter.

honesty

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »
Ok, here you go, after a bit of a re-fresh and ready for duty in the new year. I've decided not going for a bagman and carradice bag in the end as you can you get a rack lighter than the bagman, and its more flexible. I may get a Specialized COBL GOBL-R carbon seat post for extra comfort, but only because my brother can get them cheap!