Author Topic: Brooks B17 (Green) Seat is too slippery  (Read 11178 times)

energyman

Re: Brooks B17 (Green) Seat is too slippery
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 03:56:52 pm »
The sheepskin makes it not as slippy and it also makes it very comfortable.

Andre Jute

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 09:38:29 pm »
The sheepskin makes it not as slippy and it also makes it very comfortable.

Back in the days before a grateful nation put up a nine-foot tall life-size statue of me in front of my old skool (take that, Miss Pomeroy!), when I was dodging the previous government's assassins, I used to leave stuff behind. I'd literally put the phone down and say to my wife, "A couple of men with South African diplomatic passports have just broken my publisher's arm for refusing to give them my address. They're on their way here now to kill me. Put the baby and some nappies in the Volvo, we're off to France. Leave everything but the baby." One of few things that I regret leaving behind was a large sheepskin  that I used to sit on in Africa, South America, Australia, the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, California and Alaska, cool in summer, warm in winter, and, as you say, very comfortable.

My favorite Herman Miller Mirra chair is comfortable even after 16 hours, and has long since earned its cost in fees not paid to physiotherapists to fix a hurting back, but the only thing that would improve it is a large sheepskin. If I could buy a Brooks saddle made woolly side-out of sheepskin, I would. Be hell to keep clean, though.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 09:52:48 pm »
I'm so glad you're with us, Andre.

All the best,

Dan. (...who knows at last why the Volvo sported a transplanted Chevy small-block)

jags

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 01:16:31 pm »
I'd say Andre is a secret agent without a doubt ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79amavL8zHo

Andre Jute

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »
I'd say Andre is a secret agent without a doubt ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79amavL8zHo

Nah, you don't want to be on the oversight committee that has to explain my "excess initiative" to high authority; when I was a conscript, I worked on plans for the lightning takeovers of neighboring countries, and one or two over, well anywhere our planes could reach, or where I thought the dictator was impertinent. I gave the colonels overtaken by the Peter Principle, the majors promoted beyond their competence, heartburn every time they heard my name. When the Prime Minister asked to have me serve the rest of my conscription time as his youth advisor, Military Intelligence (oxymoron warning!) fell over themselves to deliver me to his office before noon on the day the request arrived.