Author Topic: UK Cycle lanes of the month!... not... Good for a laugh...from afar! :)  (Read 6266 times)

JWestland

Re: UK Cycle lanes of the month!... not... Good for a laugh...from afar! :)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:34:58 am »
Darn...I feel the need for a mountainbike or a Thorn Magura come up  ;D

Are we sure this is not a new form of cycle cross tracks?  ;D
Pedal to the metal! Wind, rain, hills, braking power permitting ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:46 am »
Hi All!

Here in Eugene, we seem to be racing the UK and Ireland for some ehm, "difficult" bike lane placements. While riding today, I checked one of the new feeder-connector routes between River Road and the riverside bike path. This one is situated at the edge of a new condo development and is not as user-friendly as one might hope. The crossing sign/signal button is nearly in the center of the path, with the button on the narrow side. There's just barely room to get a bike in there to actuate the signal without falling off the path.

Why?!? Who knows! Hopefully, the path or signal will be shifted before the construction fencing comes down.

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:17:00 am by Danneaux »

JWestland

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 10:01:44 am »
Em, how, what were they thinking etc etc..?

I am still expecting warp zones at the end of cycle lanes that warp you into the next section, they start/stop randomly generally  ;D
Pedal to the metal! Wind, rain, hills, braking power permitting ;)

il padrone

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 10:22:27 am »
Hopefully, the path or signal will be shifted before the construction fencing comes down.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any change. That signal pole is pretty clearly mounted in place to stay with all the signal control cables in place. And I don't know whether they'll just shift the path without some user campaigning - the hotmix is all done and dusted.