Author Topic: sat nav help please.  (Read 2029 times)

jags

sat nav help please.
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:59:06 pm »
Sat Nav problem.
lads i use the garmin legend hcx if i want to put a new destanation into it i go to Routes but for some reason when i turn on the menu everything is listed as usual except Routes  :-[ it just disappeared of the screen ,anyone got any ideas how i can find the bloody thing ;D ;D
keep it simple now lads i'm not very tech minded ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: sat nav help please.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:08:35 pm »
Hi jags,

Try this, in this order after turning the unit OFF and removing the batteries. Wait 5 minutes, replace the batteries, and turn it back ON.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

If not, try entering a new, fake route (doesn't have to be real; I just want to see if it can be done and if it will "take". Use the following procedure:

1. Access the Routes page from the MainMenu. Saved routes are listed.
2. Use the ROCKER to select New, and then press ENTER to display the Route Setup page.
3. With an empty row (dashed) at the top selected, press ENTER to open the Routes List. Name the route or allow it to auto-name.
4. Move down to the <Select Next Point> field, and press ENTER.
5. Use the Find Menu to select a waypoint from the Find Menu map item groups.
Open the information page for the item, select Use, and press ENTER to add it to the list of via points.
6. To add more via points to your route, repeat the process.
7. When you have completed the route, select Navigate to begin navigation using the Map page.
8. Follow the instructions at the top of the Map page.
9. To stop navigation at any time, press Route on Map MENU, select Stop Navigation, and press ENTER. The route is automatically saved to the Routes list.

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Dan.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »
jags,

Some additional things to check:

1) Did you accidentally clear all the stored routes? What you describe is what one would expect of there were no stored routes (i.e. they have to be made before they can be accessed).

2) Did you store the routes on an internal micro-SD card? If so, did the card get dislodged, perhaps when changing the batteries? If so, try re-seating the tiny little card if you have one.

3) I know you've been using it recently. was it functioning properly the last time you used it?

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »
thanks Dan i will do that.
i don't actually plan routes if i wan to get to a certain place say Slane (you know that area ) ;)
what i do is
choose -routes
press NEW
press Menu Button select next point.
choose -Cities.
press menu button-find by name.
print name add AA.
might sound a bit crazy doing it that way but it works perfect .
so if i can recover the routes section on the menu page all should be well..
i will be sendind you a pm shortly. ;)