Author Topic: Central New York Nomad  (Read 4497 times)

jags

Re: Central New York Nomad
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 06:51:16 pm »
 fantastic the carradice bags really look great with the yellow .
sure hope you bought a very strong lock for that beauty.so are you going to use front panniers as well
just that i can get everything i need into my  ortlieb plus rear panniers.
i find the more panniers you have the more you want to pack , the bike can take any weight you care to throw at it but can the pilot. ;D i have front panniers also but they never have been used and to be honest they wont either not if i can help it.
thanks for the photos.

Pavel

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:00 pm »
Those photographs really show the bike off.  It is beautiful!  
I'd like to mention that your photos just cost me a lot of money as I realise that, yes, I really do NEED the rear Carradice panniers. Thanks a lot! :)

Are the bar ends also comfortable, and do you ride much with your hands on them?  I have bar ends but dont' really like the feel of them and was thinking of either  going the same route as you or trying out the Humpert AHS bars.  

The Nomads really are very special bikes.  I believe that there is nothing as capable out there to do what the Nomad was designed to do.  Have you decided on a Name yet? I keep going back and forth between "tumbleweed", "Picaro" and "Frodo".  Can't decide.  What about you, are you going to imbue some Karma into the bike via a well placed name? How'bout Cisco-tech, rhymes with discotech? ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
Neighbors named their cat "Trouble". Whenever we see him cross the street, "Here comes Trouble". A lot of birds end up in Trouble. Trouble is(n't) his middle name. When he goes home...no Trouble at all.

See? You could do worse than Pavel's suggestion...

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 08:18:23 pm »
pavel if i can get my little brain into action i seen a set of carradice super c rear panniers for sale  very cheap in great condition.but man where did i see them ahh i'm seriously loosing it. :-[

bgp4

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:04:36 am »
Dan... Thanks!  I will definitely post more photos when I get it fully loaded...  So far, the weather has been holding up here, but it's been rough for you out there, hasn't it?  I hope spring finds you real soon.

Jags...  Yes, I do have the front panniers too!  Just haven't had an excuse to put those on and load them up yet, but I will plan on doing that soon on a test run to see how they feel.  But I do agree with you.  When you have more room, you tend to pack more stuff.  I do have a lock... But I want a stronger one for sure!

Pavel...  Yes, you definitely need the Super C's!!  Can't wait to see pics with them on and fully loaded.  As for the bar ends, I definitely use them a lot and I do find them very comfortable.  I looked at those Humpert AHS bars you mentioned... I have never tried anything quite like those so I am not sure how they would compare.  You know my opinion on the name for your Nomad already!!

A name for my Nomad?  Still not quite sure yet, but "Armageddon" crossed my mind.  This thing is built like a tank and could survive anything!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:37:22 am by bgp4 »