Author Topic: Antipodean Nomad  (Read 3903 times)

il padrone

Antipodean Nomad
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
Took the Nomad to Tasmania for a three week tour. 14 riders, with three Thorns and four Rohloffs. We had a really great time, marvellous weather, all trip plans came to fruition and we saw some wonderful parts of the country, including Bothwell, Maria Island, Freycinet National Park, the Bay of Fires and the gorgeous Tamar Valley.

Here's the Nomad on the climb at Poatina

More photos here, although currently untitled.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:17:06 pm by il padrone »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Antipodean Nomad
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20:17 pm »
What a fabulous trip, Pete; so glad it went well for you with good weather in the bargain. The bike looks picture-book-perfect for a long trip.  Very nicely balanced and packed load.

Wish I could take the very same trip, but almost feel as if I had, thanks to your pictures.  They do a great job capturing the "feel of the moment" and are especially effective as a slideshow.  Thanks for sharing them!

Is that an e-werks charger I see below the downtube on your Nomad?  If you'd like to share your experiences with it, could you add them to the discussion here?
http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=3802.0
It'd sure be neat to compile reports/make a user database of experiences with different charging systems.

All the best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:00:42 am by Danneaux »

scotian

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:37:32 am »
Dan is right the bike looks great for what looks like a fantastic trip.

Cheers

Ian

il padrone

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 02:02:14 pm »
A bit of an update - the Thorn Nomad Mk2, converted to disc brakes at Swifts Creek Golf Course in East Gippsland.

jul

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 02:21:52 pm »
What a fabulous green to pitch a tent

;)