Author Topic: Fav'rite offbeat touring take-alongs  (Read 6946 times)

Planet X

Re: Fav'rite offbeat touring take-alongs
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 07:04:29 am »
Duronic Portable Solar / Wind Up radio. Just stick it in a pannier and forget about it re: charging. Never had to wind it up actually. Just take it out and turn on.

254grams. £13.75 Amazon.

http://noveltyradios.blogspot.ie/2013/01/duronic-hybrid-radio-wind-up-solar.html

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 04:24:40 pm »
My! What a lovely little radio, PlanetX! Three-way charging takes care of nearly everything: Via USB, the sun, or windup. Sounds liek a great solution at a very reasonable price.

Best,

Dan.

ianshearin

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »
Cheeky little device  :D

Thanks for posting that....
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

moodymac

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 05:58:52 pm »
Dan,

You have got to get one of those net suits.  If the guy modeling it is not a Danneaux stand in, I will eat my shorts!  There is a guy (in the remarks section) that is about your size and he got the XL.  Something to consider for the bent position of riding a bike.  If you do get one (in time for the up coming tour) let us know how it worked out.  Be interested in one myself.

Tom

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 06:09:55 pm »
You have got to get one of those net suits.
I know! And, I'll remind myself of that each.and.every.single.pedal.stroke as I again make my way through the Malheur Wildlife Refuge this next trip. Last time through, I inhaled the bugs till I gagged, and that wasn't so much fun.

This is a real concern this year, as Oregon's confirmed cases of mozzie-carried West Nile Virus have been reported in that very area. It will mean a lot of I can avoid their bites.

I will have my mesh hood, and that will go over the helmet. I'm taking 100% DEET with me, but reluctant to use if for fear of harming the many plastic items I'll be contacting -- it can melt or fog plastics on contact or transfer. Instead, I'm banking on Picaridin: http://npic.orst.edu/ingred/picaridin.html

Mac, I think you're right about getting the XL size to accommodate the cycling position. I don't think I can source one in time this year, but I'm guessing it will be first on my list once I arrive back home.

Best,

Dan. (...who already wishes he'd placed an order sooner)

il padrone

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 11:24:58 am »
Shower cap

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:26:41 am by il padrone »