Community > Cycle Tours

Solo tour in Italy, May 2011

(1/2) > >>

EE:
Hi All,

I would like to share with you soem photos of my beloved bike, hope you enjoy them.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114978085559413581485/FromLjubljanaToRomeJourneyOfMySherpa?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKujpLq8uuajRA&feat=directlink

Kind Regards,
Elemer

Danneaux:

--- Quote ---...hope you enjoy them.
--- End quote ---

Goodness, I'll say! 

Elemer, these are terrific, and document a wonderful trip.  I especially liked seeing your bike "in action" and all the camping scenes as well.  A mighty fine-looking bike indeed; reminds me of my own beloved Sherpa.  Very nicely set up, and I especially enjoyed using the "zoom" photos to get a close look at all the details.  Your own accessory T-bar came out very nicely, and I like the location you chose for the computer, and GPS nice and handy.  Is that a bar-end mirror I see mounted?

Such beautiful scenery, as well.

Well done!  Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Dan.

strictnaturist:
what a trip...and it looks all pretty traffic free! Were they all on holiday here or something? :D

Danneaux:
Elemer,

By any chance, could you post a photo of the map showing your route?  Or possibly a link to the GPS waypoints for it?  I'm really interested in the journey you took, and any additional information would be most welcome.  Again, a really nice photo-essay of your journey.

Best,

Dan.

EE:
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your kind words!

The mirror is this type:http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/busch-and-muller-cycle-star-mirror-fits-to-handlebar-end-long-stem-prod16567/
I use it as a bar end and turn it inside the handlebar when I ride in the city. It is good because I can go through narrow gaps between cars when I
commute. On the open road I fold it outside and I find it very useful.

I tried to export / import the route from my google earth into google maps but I could not, si finally I put it on bikemap.net
However it seems I started from Umbria but I did not and it also shows my flight from Rome to Budapest
http://www.bikemap.net/route/1347548#lat=44.35528&lng=10.12939&zoom=6&type=2

The itiner was like: (maybe someone finds this useful)
21. May: Budapest (Hungary) - Ljubljana (Slovenia) by train (cca. 500 km)
21. May: Ljubljana (Slovenia) - Trieste (Italy) by cycle (97.3 km)
22. May: Trieste (Italy) - Mestre by train (140 km) and Mestre - Padova - Cerea on bike (122 km) total:262 km
23. May: Cerea - Parma (105 km) on bike
24. May: Parma - Cervarezza (71.2 km) on bike
25. May: Cervarezza - Via Reggio (110 km) on bike
26. May: Via Reggio - Pisa (57.7 km) on bike
27. May: Pisa - Firenze (99.8 km) on bike
28. May: Firenze - (0 km) on bike
29. May: Firenze - Siena (70.9 km) on bike
30. May: Siena - Lake Trasimeno (88.1 km) on bike
31. May: Lake Trasimeno - Assisi (72.7 km) on bike
01. June: Assisi - Narni (92.5 km) on bike
02. June: Narni - Rome (107 km) on bike

I flew back on 6th of June from Rome to Budapest