Author Topic: New Nomad  (Read 2091 times)

allywatt

New Nomad
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:35:07 pm »
Took delivery of my new Nomad last week - what a great bike!  After a few minor adjustments (headset tighten, bar ends tweak and seat height) the bike is sooooo good.  I've only cycled about 100 miles on it so far and the Rolhoff gears 1 - 7 are a wee bit noisy, apparently this is to be expected, so I'm not concerned. The Edelux light off the Son dynohub is working a peach - I was out last night for a 20 mile ride on dark unlit single track roads in the rain, and the light performed exceptionally.  Looking forward to many thousands of miles in the years to come...Thank you Thorn!

julk

Re: New Nomad
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »
allywatt,
Welcome to the forum.

Glad your bike is good to ride.

Spoil us with some photos from a ride or two.
julk

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:29:39 pm »
Congratulations! What kind of tires are you using? I like my Schwalbe Marathon Supremes, but I am on pavement 99% of the time.

jags

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:44:45 pm »
well done yeah love to see some photos  ;)

doug

• The Cycle Hub
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »
Long may the new bike honeymoon last!  It's great getting a new bike - I felt like a kid all over again when I got mine.
http://thecyclehub.net - The life long joy of cycling

allywatt

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:51 pm »
Thanks for your welcome.

I'm running schwable marathon supremes for the first time and they seem ok.  Haven't gone off road yet, but intend to visit the Cairgorms over the October holidays, so will try my new bike on the great tracks over there.  Living on the Isle of Skye I tend to do most of my touring around the West Coast of Scotland, with no great urge to venture further afield...maybe when the children are older??