Author Topic: Major life decision - to travel the world by bike. But which bike?  (Read 4564 times)

Sinnerman

Re: Major life decision - to travel the world by bike. But which bike?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 06:57:45 am »
Thanks to everyone for your help and advice.  I have opted for the Nomad Mk2 for several reasons, size being one of them.  It seems the 620L frame was destined for my leg length, so the decision was almost made for me.  Now I am twiddling my thumbs, while I wait for it to be built and brought out to me in SE Asia.  Needless to say I am really excited about setting off to wherever my two wheels take me.  Maybe see you out there somewhere...

Thanks again

Tom

PS I have a few more questions, but I'll direct them to the relevant sections of the forum. 

macspud

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »
Hello Tom,

How are the travels going? well I hope.

An update on how your bike is suiting you would be nice as I am saving up for a Nomad of the same size.

Cheers,

Iain.

E-wan

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »
I'm 6'1 and have a 620L nomad MK2 I am using comfort bars which I like and don't find the reach to long with an 80mm-100mm stem.  I may try a longer one in a bit to slow down the handling for steep climbs.  SJS recommended that if I wanted the 620L I could make the reach slightly shorter by using the comfert bars.

I find it really good both on and off road but the long wheelebase takes some getting used to if you are used to a MTB.

A main consideration for me in getting the 620L was the longer chain stays which allow me to have my paniers further forward, which I need for size 12 shoes and overshoes.  Never seen any bike with better heal clerance for panniers than this.