Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

Tour de France

(1/2) > >>

Fred A-M:
Cracking Tour de France this year, full of incidents and surprises!

Anyone else following?

ians:
yes - one of the best and most open for years.

ians

geocycle:
Currntly in France (Verdun) lots of excitement in the bars.  To be honest I am not a big fan of cycle racing but this year does seem much more interesting.  Evans or a Schleck, peut-etre?

Fred A-M:
I expect it will be one of the Schlecks or Evans - Contador's leaving it very late to assert himself, if he's capable.  It's a real shame about Wiggins, probably one of the most likeable of the bunch, he would be have been a serious content.

Sadly, being French, I don't think Voeckler will be able to keep this up through the alps (notably day 2, 3 climbs of 2000m+), or if by some incredible act of inspiration he does, the time-trial will almost certainly prove decisive against him as I can't see him under any circumstance gaining time through the Alps.  Regardless, great to finally see some promising French young riders coming through at last - first tour I watched live was Fignon's TT final day loss to Lemond - it's been too long!

Again a great tour, and all the more enjoyable in having cycled through quite a few places featured in this years tour (including most of the Massif central climbs) - just over 2 years ago, I was setting out from Montpellier for a 10 day stint in the Ardeche & Tarn. 

Fred A-M:
So Cadel clinches the most exciting tour in years, 100% deservedly so in my opinion.   Was lucky enough to catch the live coverage days 2 & 3 in the alps, gripping stuff.  It seems that some of Cadel's detractors won't give him any credit- the way he single-handedly rode himself back into contention against the audacious Schleck attack on day 2 of the Alps was phenomenal.   Great also to see a Frenchman win the Alp d'Huez on his way to the young rider jersey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version