Technical > General Technical

Suspension Forks for Sport Tour (which ones?)

(1/2) > >>

pedmen:
Hi

Has anyone put suspension forks on a Sport Tour?

If so, which ones would be the best (under £150)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks  ;)

brummie:
None ! - The RST is not designed to take suspension forks - they're longer than the standard forks so would really upset the geometry of the bike.( & void your frame warranty !) - You'd be better off with a Thorn Sterling ( Or my Catalyst frame from the classifieds ! )

Paulson:
Yes, the forks are not meant to be changed from the ones supplied with the bike.  You can't even put Raven forks on an RST for the same reason.

I hope Mr Blance doesn't read this thread, as I'm sure he might put this point more robustly!!

pedmen:
  :'(  Mmmmmm.  Thank you for your help.  Going to be selling it very soon if anyone's interested. 

Will put advert on the For Sale forum.

stutho:

--- Quote from: brummie on February 12, 2011, 07:43:24 pm ---None ! - The RST is not designed to take suspension forks - they're longer than the standard forks so would really upset the geometry of the bike.( & void your frame warranty !) - You'd be better off with a Thorn Sterling ( Or my Catalyst frame from the classifieds ! )

--- End quote ---

That is not entirely true!  The Mk1 RST (long top tube variant) can be fitted with suspension forks.  I don't know about the current version.  Sjsc used to offer suspension forks as an option!  I am pretty sure the forks they used were  Magura Odur (85mm travel) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version