Private Classified > Wanted

Thorn Sherpa or Nomad (cheap!)

(1/4) > >>

b1ke:
Hi,

I'm looking for a budget Thorn tourer, 26 inch wheels, rear mech friendly, drops or flats immaterial, condition doesn't need to be great, happy to put in some work. Something around a 58cm (I'm 6ft 2in), colour not bothered, but the darker the better. Doesn't need to be a complete bike, I can work with frame and forks (uncut steerer) only. Don't want to pay too much because I'm not that wealthy. I'm based in Brighton but happy to travel/organise courier for the right bike.

Let me know if you have anything tucked away in your garage/workshop that might fit the bill.

Thanks

ThousandYardStare:
FYI you might find a Sherpa for £700 or so if you're lucky. They don't come a lot cheaper than that in a reasonable state. Even then it might not be the right size. If you can find a frame you might save £100 on that (assuming you want a reasonable Deore-ish spec), ebaying all the parts and building it yourself. The words 'budget' and 'Thorn tourer' don't often find themselves in the same sentence ;)

b1ke:
Hi and thanks for your comments. I was aware when I wrote the word 'cheap' in the title that it sounded like a contradiction in terms. However, I live in hope and maybe someone out there has a slightly dusty, somewhat neglected (ideally racing green or gun metal grey ;)) Sherpa or Nomad languishing in a dark corner of a dark shed that they really want to pass on to a very good and financially impoverished home....!  ;D

brummie:
Thousandyardstare - Surprised you haven't recommended your Thorn Nomad from the 'For sale' section !

ThousandYardStare:
I guessed that would've been the first place he'd look. Doesn't seem to be in the right price bracket anyway, which is a shame 'cos it'd fit the bill perfectly otherwise (it's even racing green!). Maybe you could sell a kidney or something, b1ke?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version