Author Topic: Esbjerg – Copenhagen Denmark Tour  (Read 2249 times)

j22jbl

Esbjerg – Copenhagen Denmark Tour
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:12:45 pm »
Hi, Has anyone undertaken this tour in a fortnight? I am interested in doing it next year with the family, and feedback on viability, suitability for a family trip would be appreciated. Looking to use combination of camping, hostels and B&B. Thanks in advance. John

MikeD

Re: Esbjerg – Copenhagen Denmark Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:03:57 pm »
I have not done this route myself, although touring here in Denmark is quite easy with all of our cycle paths. Try this link for information about the network of free camping places for cyclists & hikers etc.:

http://www.teltpladser.dk/engelsk.htm

And here, a couple that toured in Jutland:

http://travellingtwo.com/6381

Remember that you will need to cross Stor bζlte by train.... not allowed to cycle over the bridge  ;)

Have fun

Mike

Magnus

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 06:41:20 pm »
I rode in the opposite direction a few years back, from Copenhagen to a cottage we had rented, perhaps 90km north of Esbjerg.  I rode it all in perhaps 30 hours, Audax stile, so it was not quite touring.  What I can say about the route is that it's very nice - although a bit of a shock to the system for someone who doesn't have cycle paths everywhere, like they have in Denmark.  It was very pleasant, with a lot of scenic places, picturesque villages and whatnot, but, in a way, a bit boring - or perhaps bland is a better word.  No mountains - or even proper hills for that matter...  ;)
The route is well posted and easy to follow -  one might even say it's a bit of an eye opener to be able to ride on dedicated cycle paths all around the country.  And the cars all give way to you too!!!

Magnus Thor
Iceland

j22jbl

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »
Thank you for the feedback