Technical > Luggage

Prop stands for tandems

(1/2) > >>

johnacave:
Intending to do more touring and for longer I have read a number of advice sites recommending propstands and I can see the value of these. The Thorn site does say that using some propstands invalidates frame warranty as may crush chainstays. Any advice as to whether we should get one or not and if so what type.

mylesau:
I use a click-stand on my tourer and recommend it.  Though it takes a little time to unfold and fold it is actually more versatile than an attached kick stand as you can put it on either side and it adjusts easily to different ground slopes.

sbseven:
Certainly works well on my loaded Raven Nomad. Very stable indeed. Might you possibly need two though for a (heavily) loaded tandem? I don't know. May be worth emailing the designer.

Shaun

johnacave:
mylesau - thanks for the response and the click stand certainly answers the warranty issue as well as looking a very useful piece of kit -Thanks

il padrone:
I just run a regular BB-mounted kickstand on my tandem. It's far enough back along the axis between the steering head and the rear tyre contact patch to not be destabilised when the handlebars turn sideways. Also it has worked quite well to hold the tandem with loaded panniers on it.

Normally I use a rear stay-mounted kickstand on my single bikes, but the tandem has the drum brake reaction arm mount in the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version