Community > Cycle Tours

Family cycle tour in Holland

(1/2) > >>

j22jbl:
Hi

Have booked a couple of weeks in Holland for later in the year. Figured that with the family (two young ish boys) that it would provide some easy and safe ridding.

We are staying near to Rotterdam, and I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has taken a similar holiday with experiences to share, good or bad!

Must admit that I am really looking forward to seeing how the Dutch organise their cycle routes, and will probably return home saddened at our token efforts!

John

bobs:
Hi John,

there is no comparison between the two countries as far a provision for cyclists is concerned. Spent many a holiday  there with the caravan and will stay there this summer. Cycled Ijmuden to Utrect last year with my to catch the over night train to Munich. He was totally gob smacked when he saw the thousands of bikes stacked on 4 levels at the train station.

I'm sure you will enjoy.

Bob

j22jbl:

--- Quote from: bobs on March 21, 2010, 11:52:17 pm ---Hi John,

there is no comparison between the two countries as far a provision for cyclists is concerned. Spent many a holiday  there with the caravan and will stay there this summer. Cycled Ijmuden to Utrect last year with my to catch the over night train to Munich. He was totally gob smacked when he saw the thousands of bikes stacked on 4 levels at the train station.

Thanks Bob. I have seen photographs of bike stores at stations, and cannot beleive how the infra structure can be so different to ours. WHy do they get it so right and we fumble along?

Do you recomend any particular maps/guides to the cycle routes? Probably best to pick up something locally on arrival?

Cheers
--- End quote ---

bobs:
John,

if you go to the local tourist office VVV you can get all the maps and info you need.

Bob

matthews2398:
So tell us John how did your trip go. Were you impressed and what did the rest of the family make of it, would you take them there again?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version