Community > Cycle Tours

New York - Boston and back

(1/1)

torel:
We are doing a two week trip this summer, starting from JFK Airport on Long Island.  So far, the plan is to ride along Long Island, take the ferry to New London, then cycle to the end of Cape Code, take the ferry to Boston, continuing to Albany and then cycle along the Hudson river back to New York.

We realise this will mean a quite heavily populated area, but it should still leave us with some pretty areas and views, and roads which are fairly well suited for cycling.  Planning the route has taken some time, but we now have found suitable maps and bicycle friendly routes.

Iceland Air will take us across the ocean with a guaranteed shipment of the bikes as well.

If anyone else has experience cycling in this area, good advice will be greatly appreciated.

jags:
torel very best of luck on your tour hope it's a good one keep safe.

Pasabeograd:
Nice.  Don't miss the chance to ride Manhattan.    I was there for a couple of weeks and hired a bike for the weekend and cycled all around New York.  The traffic goes so slow and the roads are so wide that I felt much safer than in London.  I saw much more than I would have on foot or by public transport.

Have a great trip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version