Author Topic: Hi from noob  (Read 1494 times)

exchangeandmart

Hi from noob
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:10:39 pm »
Hi, I'm Ryan from London, new here but thought id say a quick hello! I've got my stag do coming up, the plan is to cycle round Sicily on a mountain bike, really looking forward to it. Thought I'd join this forum to give me a chance to talk to others who might be doing something similar. I enjoy cooking and listening to music and work with exchange and mart. Look forward to speaking to you all soon.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 01:19:09 pm by exchangeandmart »

jags

Re: Hi from noob
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:13:30 pm »
hi ryan hope you stick around  maybe you will get rid of that mountain bike and buy a proper bike ..only jokeing welcome. enjoy your sicily trip sounds fantastic.

jawj

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:16:10 pm »
Howdy Ryan, that sounds like a really awesome trip - Sicily must be lovely to cycle around. If you need any advice about kit, touring, bikes or anything along those lines, you're in the right place.

And Jags: save it for shavenlegsroadiebikeworldforum.com (or similar). ;-) Mountain bikes are wonderfully versatile - all the touring I've done has been on mountain bikes (yup, I consider my Raven Nomad a mountain bike).

exchangeandmart

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »
I really appreciate the welcome guys, thanks and it's good to know where to come for the advice that I'm blatantly going to need for my various cycling adventure. Really looking forward to Sicily, would love to hear other people's stories if they've had a similar experience and any words of wisdom anyone might have for me would be great!