Community > Rohloff Internal Hub Gears

Rohloff on a fluid trainer??

(1/1)

vik:
I hurt my foot and have been in a cast for the past few weeks... :-[  I'm ready to do some rehab and want to ride my bike indoors gently to get my full range of motion back and build up that leg so I'm actually able to pedal up mtns on my winter tour... ;D

My Rohloff equipped bike has the lowest top tube and a sitting position most appropriate to this task.  Is there any reason not to use it on the indoor trainer?

I'd be replacing the current QR with a special one that came with the trainer and then mounting the bike via this QR in the trainer.  I'll only be pedaling lightly, but I wanted to make sure there was no reason not to use the Rohloff for this purpose.  I've got the bike in the trainer and it seems fine, but have not tried using it yet.

I do have another derailleur bike I could use, but it has a very high top tube so getting on and off will be a hassle.

safe riding,

Vik

freddered:
I found mine a bit low geared for my turbo trainer but since you only want light resistance it should be fine.

Compared to normal road use a trainer is relatively stress-free for a bike.

vik:
Thanks - I couldn't see a problem logically, but a Rohloff is sufficiently specialized and expensive that I wanted to check first.  I'd hate to have a problem and have someone online say..."...OMG!  You didn't try using your Rohloff on a indoor trainer did you???!!?.."... ::)

cheers,

Vik

freddered:
let me add "Probably"

Just in case you try and sue me one day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version