Private Classified > Bikes For Sale

Thorn based bike FS

(1/1)

stevew:
Practical Urban/Hybrid bike FS

You’re either going to love this one or really hate it !! I’m not sure myself which is why I’m selling .
Here goes:-
Frame is a Thorn Steel Tourer with Rolhoff specific dropouts and also provision for a rear mech to be fitted if you ever wanted to. It also has all the cable guides for both the Rolhoff and derailleur for the future. V brake mounts for 26” wheels. It has 3 bottle mounts and carrier mounts.
Rear wheel is a Sram 7 speed hub gear with back pedal brake. Nice 700c semi deep Mavic rim especially for hub or disc brakes.
Rear tyre is a “puncture proof” Dutch Perfect 700c x 35 but well used.
Gearing is 29-91 gear inches.
Decent Shimano triple chain set with only one ring fitted to the outside (where the big ring would normally go) so it looks tidy.
B/B is eccentric shell with Shimano square taper B/B for easy chain adjustment.
Bontrager suspension seat post and Rido Saddle (remarkably comfy even though it doesn’t look it !!)
Straight bars with 1 1/8 steerer (Ahead) and steel double butted forks.
Front wheel is a 26” with a new Schwalbe Big Apple tyre for front suspension. Avid V Brake on front.
Fitted with a Crud guard style front mudguard and at the rear there is a nice strong Aluminum carrier with a splash guard to keep most the muck off.
BUT the frame is roughly painted in Red and covered in random packaging tape and what’s more there is an inner tube wrapped around the Top tube !! All this has been done to make it as unattractive as possible to the average London thief, so to say that it looks rough would almost be a compliment !
In fact the bike is really sound and rather special. I will take you miles and miles with very little maintenance and with any luck won’t get nicked.
I built this up myself so I have every confidence in the bike, it’s just that it doesn’t suit me after all that work so maybe someone else can benefit.
Price is 260 pounds and I live near junction 4 of the M25. 07748 655201 or steve.watkin1atbtinternet.com ( you know what to do with the “at” don’t you ? ) or a PM.
BTW I'm about 5'10" and it fits fine so as long as you are around my size, give or take as few inches it should be OK as there is plenty of adjustment.
Would also consider a swap for a OSS recumbent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version