Author Topic: Help me choose a trip  (Read 2249 times)

neil_p

Help me choose a trip
« on: February 22, 2008, 04:29:05 pm »
I have got 2 weeks off work at the end of March / beginning of April. I'd like to go cycle camping in the UK and need some inspiration. I live in West Sussex, hail from Bournemouth, and have been to Devon and Cornwall numerous times. I'm thinking I should explore the midlands/north a bit more. Maybe Yorkshire, Peak District, Northumberland, or Cumbria?

If anyone could suggest some routes that I could do, that would be great. If I get two corking suggestions for week long rides, I can always link them up by train.

I know the weather is likely to be foul, so if my trip takes me near to civilisation, I can always spend 2 weeks in pubs and cafes!

Lastly, I did LeJog two years ago, so I don't want to try and do that in 2 weeks this year - it is meant to be a holiday after all!

Well, there you go, I'm ready to be inspired  :)

julk

Re: Help me choose a trip
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 09:28:08 pm »
How about,

Week1
Trains to Ravenglass, ride NCR72 Hadrians Wall - Ravenglass to South Shields (3 days @ 60 miles), then NCR1 Coast & Castles - Newcastle to Edinburgh (4 days @ 50 miles).

Through some beautiful country, seeing coast and hills, on old railway lines, tracks & mostly quiet roads.

Week2
Train from Edinburgh to ?
Over to someone else for ideas...