Community > Cycle Tours

Mumbai to Goa 2024

(1/1)

Andyb1:
Back in 1996 I rode a Linear recumbent from Bombay as it was then called down the West coast of India.  After a few detours inland into the mountains, I got to the South Tip of India, back to Trivandrum and Bangalore and then train to Bombay.  About 3100km.
I have just booked flights for January 2024 to take me any my (conventional) bike to Mumbai.   I am taking a 1990s steel framed Giant mountain bike that I have owned from new.  I plan to leave it in India as my Sherpa has rather replaced it here, and hopefully I will find it a good home.
The Mumbai - Goa route has become more popular over recent years.  In 1996 I rode about 1100km on what cycle tour operators now say is a 600km route….and my diary does mention a few about turns.   As usual with India, paper maps are non-existant in a decent scale, so I just wondered if anyone here had cycled that route in recent times?

Matt2matt2002:
Funny you should post this; I've been thinking about this route for early next year.
My pal Chris rode a similar route on his way to Japan.

Check out
https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/meanderingmillar2

I was in Thailand while he was doing his trip but we met up after we had returned to UK.
Give me a message if you want to chat more.

I'm tempted to tag along if you're looking for a partner.

Matt

Andyb1:
PM sent

Andyb1:
I leave in a few days and my old Giant MTB is boxed up.  I have started a journal on Cycle Blaze unimaginatively called Mumbai to Goa.  I just hope that I can update it as I travel.
I am going to try to log the route each day on Strava.  If anyone wants to see those tracks I think they will need to contact me for access?

PH:
Have a great trip, I look forward to hearing about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version