Community > Non-Thorn Related

Brooks saddle nose adjusting nut

(1/2) > >>

Andyb1:
Does anyone know the thread used on the Brooks nose adjusting nut - the one that adjusts the saddle tension?
Mine keeps slackening off and I want to add a second one as a locknut.
I guess it is a whitworth thread?
Thanks
AndyB1

UKTony:

If your saddle uses this tension pin then according to SJSC who answered a similar question about this item,  the thread is M8 (see the Questions and Answers). Otherwise I’m afraid I don’t know.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/saddles/brooks-tension-pin-assembly-64-mm-with-nut-zinc-bmp173/

JohnR:
Can you loosen the nut and apply some blue (low strength) threadlocker then retighten? 

Andyb1:
Thanks for the replies -
- the thread on mine does not look like metric, I read elsewhere it was 5/16 bsf so have ordered a couple of nuts to try.  I think later ones may be M8.
- I have tried locktite but the nut still loosens.  Maybe grease under it, or the movement of the saddle just rocks it loose?

j-ms:
My tensioning nut on wife's previous B67 started  to loosen after a few years.  We were on a long tour when this became  a problem and so after struggling for a few days I simply superglued it after setting the correct tension.  It never needed to be retensioned after that because the rails both snapped about a year later (but that is a story on its own).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version