Author Topic: Locking nut torque  (Read 2560 times)

dsim

Re: Locking nut torque
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2023, 04:09:58 pm »
Looking forward to switching to the belt - I'm hoping I don't regret jumping in!
Make sure that the gearing ratio is appropriate for your needs as changing it requires replacing two of chainring / belt / sprocket.

I had a belt drive bike and discovered that it wasn't as tolerant of winter muck as I expected: The bike made progressively worse creaking noises which went away after I spent an hour scrubbing the belt. A chain with a Hebie Chainglider is lower maintenance and cheaper.

That bike was a bit small for me so it was dismantled, the belt drive sprocket and carrier removed from the Rohloff hub (very hard work) and the wheels reused in another frame. I've got the Gates CDX parts in a bag if you haven't already ordered yours.

Ah I should have posted about this on the forum before I ordered the components! I've got everything I need now but thanks for the offer. You should put in the in the for sale subforum though as I had a quick check there previously

PH

Re: Locking nut torque
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 09:40:50 pm »
In case anyone else has this query, Rohloff answered my email and said it should be 17 nm
Thanks for the update.