Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

Bike Storeage

(1/2) > >>

tyreon:
I am looking to house two folding Dahon bicycles outside my house. I was looking for some housing or company that does bicycle storeage that would enable me to place one bicycle atop another in a two tier locker system. I telephoned Asguard to see if they did anything like as such. They didnt,and could offer me no other manufacturer that did.

Does anyone here know of any other manufacturer that does something as like I want. I dont want to go along with storing the bikes side by side for other gardening limitations and current furniture set up.

I thought of commisioning some wooden sealed crate-locker design. I am not too sure how they would weather or keep out the rain.

I'd like the design to be neat and have some quality.

Suggestions or names of manufacturers appreciated if you know any. Thanks

PH:
Do you mean folded up and one above the other?  My two folders are stored this way, though indoors, I bought a secondhand office cabinet, the sort of thing that's £hundred's new and hard to give away secondhand.  It's solid, on a steel frame, two of us struggled to carry it and that's with the shelves out and doors off!  Not intended to be weatherproof, though with some door seals and outdoor paint I'd be happy to leave it outside.
P1100888 by Paul, on Flickr
If that's not your thing, I'm sure I've seen some garden tool sheds of about the same size and with shelves.  I've also built a few things in box steel with plastic joints, a couple of work benches and racked out a mobile workshop, it;s pretty straightforward then just need cladding. I've never done anything with a door, though you get articulating connectors so it is possible
 https://www.bpfonline.co.uk/search.asp?catid=10687

The big concern for me would be security, but I don't know the circumstance, maybe the garden is already secure?  I just know more people who've had bikes stolen from sheds and garages than whilst out and about, though the latter gets the most discussed.

Danneaux:
My goodness, Paul that is the niftiest, tidiest and most efficient bike storage solution I've ever seen. Doesn't hurt it keys off the Brompton's remarkably small fold size.

Nicely shared; thanks!

Best, Dan.

tyreon:
Thanks for the reply PH.

You got it. Just as like you have shown.

My garden seems secure, and where I live has not had anything taken for it for years.

I know Brompton has lockers where you can hire their bocks stationed at various places around the country. Who makes their lockers? I guess I could phone them. The Dahon as you know has a slightly larger and awkward fold.

Its not always the case,but by the time I have found the materials for the locker,bought the tools to make the locker,then looked up how to make the locker...I am exhausted and have a divorce on my hands. I would rather buy a product: quicker and easier(well,in my case);)

Altho I am not peculiarly fearful of having the bikes stolen from where I live,maybe better to do so,and so I would like a lockable door to the storeage.

Your pictured storeage looks just the job,but that it is a little too small for my bikes.

The hunt goes on.

Thanks for replying

mickeg:
If you were willing to store them side by side, I have seen wooden cabinets with doors on the front that are low and wide.  My sister has her small propane BBQ on top of one.

I am in USA, so anything I see on the internet is not really applicable, but I did a search for outdoor garden tool storage and this popped up, it gives you the one above the other that you seek.  You would have to install the middle shelf yourself.
https://www.target.com/p/costway-garden-storage-shed-outdoor-lockable-storage-cabinet-tool-organizer-with-shelves/-/A-89160775

Try some other similar searches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version