Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

Paddles advice - Off Topic

(1/2) > >>

josephjos:
Hey there, fellow speed enthusiasts,

I'm a bit of a ping pong fanatic and I'm looking for some advice on paddle selection. I used to play ping pong all the time, but life has gotten in the way and I haven't played in years. Recently, I started playing again and I noticed that my current paddle just isn't cutting it.

I need a paddle that can help me put some serious spin and power behind my shots, but I don't want to break the bank either. I know this is a forum for speed freaks like myself, but I'm hoping that some of you also have some knowledge about ping pong paddles and can offer me some guidance.

If you have any suggestions or tips for me, please let me know! And if you want to talk about cycling , I'm always game for that too. After all, there's nothing quite like the rush of riding on two wheels.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing from you!

julk:
J,
you have an interesting problem.
Sadly you will have to spend some money to obtain a bat (paddle) which meets your needs.
I personally use an Eastfield bat purchased from Amazon and it works well for me with spin and power.
Julian

jimi84:

--- Quote from: josephjos on April 16, 2023, 10:46:13 am ---Hey there, fellow speed enthusiasts,

I'm a bit of a ping pong fanatic and I'm looking for some advice on paddle selection. I used to play ping pong all the time, but life has gotten in the way and I haven't played in years. Recently, I started playing again and I noticed that my current paddle just isn't cutting it.

I need a paddle that can help me put some serious spin and power behind my shots, but I don't want to break the bank either. I know this is a forum for speed freaks like myself, but I'm hoping that some of you also have some knowledge about ping pong paddles and can offer me some guidance.

If you have any suggestions or tips for me, please let me know! And if you want to talk about cycling , I'm always game for that too. After all, there's nothing quite like the rush of riding on two wheels.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing from you!

--- End quote ---

When it comes to selecting a paddle, I always recommend trying out a few different options (but not expensive) before making a decision. Everyone's preferences are different, so what works well for one player may not work as well for another.

Personally, I like a paddle that provides a good balance between control and power. I tend to prefer a slightly heavier paddle with a thicker sponge for more power, but not so heavy that it becomes difficult to maneuver.

As for brands, I've had good experiences with Butterfly and Stiga paddles in the past. Both companies offer a range of options for different playing styles and skill levels.

One thing to keep in mind is that a high price tag doesn't always guarantee better performance. While there are certainly expensive paddles on the market that are top quality, there are also plenty of more affordable options that can work just as well for beginners.

Overall, my advice would be to take some time to research here https://pingpongacademy.org/best-ping-pong-paddles/ different paddles and try out a few options to see what feels best for you. And if you have any cycling-related questions, I'd be happy to chat about that too!

Mike Ayling:
Er, Joseph or his alter ego Henry made a similar post on CyclBlaze, which the mods there subsequently deleted.

JohnR:

--- Quote from: Mike Ayling on April 18, 2023, 10:47:36 pm ---Er, Joseph or his alter ego Henry made a similar post on CyclBlaze, which the mods there subsequently deleted.

--- End quote ---
I share your suspicion. This looks like spam teamwork where one spammer posts a question so that the other can respond recommending a particular website (both forum members might be the same spammer with multiple logins). The objective is to achieve a higher ranking in the search engines as the number of places linking to the site is a factor in the ranking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version