Private Classified > Bikes For Sale

Nice Sherpa for sale on FB

(1/2) > >>

SteveM:
Joe is selling this nice Sherpa.  Looks solid.  Too small for me.  Would suit someone around 5’6” - 5’9”
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/8798144073560316/

I have no interest other than I wanted to buy it myself.

Seller contacts

joeparkerr64@gmail.com

flocsy:
Hi,

I had a closer look at the bike (unfortunately only on FB). And something seems odd to me. This is how seat-stay attachment on the bike on FB looks (red arrows):

And anywhere else (old brochures of Sherpa from the time machine, and any other pictures of Sherpas I could find on the net) it looks like this (green arrows):

Was there ever such Sherpa? If yes then what year can it be?

I also attach the picture of the whole bike from FB, maybe someone can't see it on FB.

Danneaux:
Flocsy,

I've attached a photo of the double-socketed dropouts on my 2011 Sherpa Mk2.

That said, I would imagine the eBay example was either an early model or was subject to supply-chain issues at the time of build. The dropout-chainstay connection is the one I've seen most likely to fracture (if it happens) and the unsocketed seatstay connection allows the dropout to be used on a variety of seat tube sizes/lengths, making it a bit more universal. In my hobbyist framebuilding, I've sourced both styles of dropouts (plus others) and have never experienced a problem with breakage.

Best, Dan.

mickeg:
Mine looks like Dan's, I bought my frame and fork used in 2010, thus I do not know when mine was new.

flocsy:
I thought that maybe this might not even be a real Sherpa frame. Maybe the previous owner sold it "rebranded" as such by adding a sticker. But maybe I'm a bit too paranoid :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version