Author Topic: Punctures  (Read 8174 times)

PH

Re: Punctures
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2023, 01:49:22 pm »
TEN!!
There ought to be a badge... Front on the Mercury, Marathon Supreme, a shard of something unrecognisable, possibly coloured glass. Went down overnight so at least an easy patch at home.
Any bets what the year total will be?  They haven't even started hedge cutting round here yet.

mickeg

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2023, 07:24:11 pm »
I hope it stays at ten.  One more flat and you will need to take one shoe off to count them all.

PH

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2023, 08:21:42 pm »
I hope it stays at ten.  One more flat and you will need to take one shoe off to count them all.
Too late!

PH

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2023, 08:27:13 pm »
Back to the puncture a day scenario experienced at the beginning of the year.
Mercury rear wheel, slow puncture, lifting patch!  Not a new one, something that's been on it for months at least.  I did two very hot, like scorching, hundred mile rides at the weekend, maybe that contributed, I've never had a patch lift before.  I'm not going to question my technique on the basis of one, but there goes my perfect record...

flocsy

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2023, 07:25:39 am »

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2023, 08:17:30 pm »
Well, we are talking about punctures....
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

PH

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2023, 04:32:19 pm »
Ending the year in predictable fashion.  Been away for a few days, came back to find the rear tyre on the Nomad flat.  Haven't even looked at the cause yet, though the local cycle paths were strewn with more glass than it was possible to avoid on Boxing Day, the last time I was out. Oil change due sometime this week, so I'll fix it then.
I don't think I've ever had that many punctures in a year, it's also my lowest mileage year for some time, maybe my bikes are punishing me for not riding them enough!
Hoping for more miles and less punctures in 2024.