Author Topic: A fork?  (Read 2853 times)

Pavel

A fork?
« on: October 14, 2022, 03:15:05 am »
Is this forum dead?  Seriously, is it time to stick a fork into it when the last posts in most sub-forums are this old?

Or perhaps more constructively .. what can be done to revive this place of information that was once so fantastic.  There must be some sort of "out of the box" thinking, right?

PH

Re: A fork?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 10:28:27 am »
I've been contributing since 2004, though I took a break the years I didn't have a Thorn bike, I don't recall it ever being very busy.  Some people join, make a lot of posts in a fairly short time, then disappear. That's the way forums are, a few get enough momentum to form a critical mass, but most stumble along or fizzle out. I think that this one survives at all is largely down to Dan's stewardship.
Facebook is much more lively, but IMO feels less personal, plenty of Thorn discussion across several groups and despite this forum carrying the name, you're more likely to hear from Mr Thorn or Thorn staff there rather than here.

CycleTourer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 11:12:15 am »
Thorn is a fairly small bike-maker. There aren't that many Thorns around, and so there aren’t that many people who would be posting on a Thorn-branded forum. Me, I try to limit my posting here to Thorn-specific things, because for anything else regarding cycling, there are other, more general forums for that.

Donotuy

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 07:55:52 am »
I rarely get free time to sit on the forum and write something in several threads at once. Basically, I search for some information on the Internet, and if a certain forum has come across my queries several times, I register in order to quickly find something that is useful to me. If, while browsing the forum, I see that I can help someone with my answer, I do it. Something like this