Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

Merry Christmas

<< < (2/5) > >>

JohnR:

--- Quote from: geocycle on December 24, 2021, 09:39:46 am ---Seasons greetings to all, may your rohloff run smoothly in 2022.

Actually, that’s probably the only point of certainty in this uncertain world!

--- End quote ---
A sound forecast!

However, if the pandemic-related restrictions ease then I'll probably spend less time cycling as there will be more opportunity to do other things with my time.

Season's greetings to this happy community.

PH:
Seasonal greeting from me as well, may 2022 be all you wish for.

--- Quote from: Andre Jute on December 24, 2021, 04:23:14 am ---Here's the beach we'll ride to when all this pandemic inconvenience is behind us.

--- End quote ---
Nice - I've missed rides to the sea, Derby is I think the furthest city from the coast in England (Maybe it's the UK) a nice round 100 miles away, either East or West.  I normally manage five or six rides a year and have just managed two this year, neither on the Mercury. 

John Saxby:
Thanks, Andre, for that splendid watercolour.  Our beaches these days would tax your talents, mon vieux -- they're heavy on greyish-dirty ice & snow :(   I will watch for cold clear days over the river, however: the mist from open water that's warmer than the air can produce magical ice patterns on the trees.

Best wishes to everyone for 2022, sent with my hope for wider cycling horizons.

Andre Jute:
Gentlemen, thank you for your kind words.

I feel your pain. But my cycling has been so ruined by the pandemic, I don't even aspire to "horizons", never mind riding to the other coast of the larger island... My prime, and primary, target is merely to be rid of the mask, so that my spectacles don't steam up and make me a menace to myself and everyone else. Then I shall be in the fortunate position of being able to ride ever-widening figures of eight around my house, to the extent of a decent half-day ride without ever being more than 15-20km from home. These small roads and lanes are so familiar, no planning is required: a quick check on the weather, a couple of phone calls while the kettle boils to see who wants to come, and we're gone whenever the mood takes me -- in days pre-pandemic. Those lanes are getting lonely without me...

2022 could be the year those halcyon days return.

PS. I hear my fox barking in the gulley below the orchard: he thinks spring is coming!

KDean:
Happy New year everyone ,Thanks for all the advice .I have my operation January 19th & I can't wait to get back out 6 months has been too long .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version