Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 3961 times)

steve216c

Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 08:50:08 pm »
That's terrible, not the poem, that's very good but the fact you left your beautiful bike out in the snow !
Happy New Year   :)
That was my bike after work a couple of weeks ago. It was dry when I set off to work that morning.
Unfortunately work doesn’t offer covered bike parking even though it is in a secure off street compound. My old office location had covered racks.
But my shower cap and Chainglider keep the water away from where it matters at least ;D

Although I can telework as much as I like, I will go to work every day just to get a decent bike commute in. I have only worked from home a few times when the weather was really miserable. If I can get to work dry(ish) then I will ride.

Happy new year back
If only my bike shed were bigger on the inside...

Andre Jute

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 11:22:23 pm »
Steve, what a great poem/ song.
It had my toes a tapping and my arms a flappin'.
Sure beats my effort:

Roses are red
Violets are bluish
If it wasn't for Christmas
We'd all be Jewish.

Both your poems are great.

But the likelihood is that if it wasn't for the Christians Philip and Isabella driving the Muslims out of Spain, we'd more likely be Islamites than Jews. There's a set of three (I think) key programs that come around every few years on the BBC, by Simon Sebag Montefiore, that explains all this history, which appears little known in the anglo-world.

Considering how many cyclists tour in Spain or go on one of the famous pilgrimages there, that's possibly less true of cyclists than the general anglophone population.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 09:13:06 pm by Andre Jute »

PH

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 02:20:38 pm »
Riding through the snow,
Nice poem and pic, bikes for riding, not just for Christmas.

steve216c

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 03:46:22 pm »
Riding through the snow,
Nice poem and pic, bikes for riding, not just for Christmas.

You are not wrong. How many get a bike and a parcel full of good intentions to take up cycling every Christmas. The loss of interest is our gain when the good bike end up on the classified adverts for a song around Easter time.

The trick is to ride your current bike from my picture through the snow and to Andrea’s beach painting. He’ll be on the said beach setting up a barbecue and warming the mulled wine for anyone who makes it before the clock chime for 2022.

See you there too?

Happy riding  ;)
If only my bike shed were bigger on the inside...

Andre Jute

And a Happy and Prosperous New Year
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 09:55:59 pm »
And to each of you, a Happy and Prosperous New Year, and may all your bike sheds expand magically to hold most of the bikes you want.

I'm warming the mulled wine on the beach while the barbecue sizzles...

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
Wonderful sentiments, Andre, echoed by myself. May 2022 be a much better year for all of us compared to 2021; may it be a year of good health, good times, good fortune and good bike rides for all.

Best,

Dan.

Moronic

• Amazon.com Bongs For Steve ebook
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2022, 02:34:08 pm »
Love the picture, Andre.

Best wishes to you all for the new year.

- Ian
Bongs For Steve: a lyrical novel about smoking and friendship. https://www.amazon.com.au/Bongs-Steve-I-J-Baker-ebook/dp/B0B2BRTKM2