Community > Member's Gallery

Mercury MK3 650b

(1/3) > >>

brummie:
Luckily managed to purchase the last (ever?) 580L MK3 Mercury. 650b build to suit my preference for wider tyres. Andy B's comments in the brochures are pretty accurate. Rides well.

Moronic:
Nice looking bike, with a very committed posture and what looks like tall gearing. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

How are you planning to use it?

What makes you think it might be the last of its kind?

in4:
What kind of support are you using with your Carradice-type saddle bag? It doesn’t look like Carradice’s   Bagman type?
Thanks

brummie:

--- Quote from: Moronic on December 14, 2021, 08:48:40 pm ---Nice looking bike, with a very committed posture and what looks like tall gearing. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

How are you planning to use it?

What makes you think it might be the last of its kind?

--- End quote ---

Hi Moronic, Robin Thorn told me they were not having anymore Mercury frames made - The Audax MK4 can be specified with a Rohloff, so with that and the many options on the Nomad frame arguably all options are covered. Also worth considering post pandemic manufacturing in the Far East is in huge demand and even manufacturers like Surly have dramatically cut their range..
As for my Mercury, I have a couple of bar options to decide on, and it will be used mostly for commuting along with rides over hills on mixed surfaces. So far so good.

brummie:

--- Quote from: in4 on December 15, 2021, 08:02:34 am ---What kind of support are you using with your Carradice-type saddle bag? It doesn’t look like Carradice’s   Bagman type?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Yep, it is a bagman expedition QR model, though watch this space 😉

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version