Community > Member's Gallery

My new to me Raven Tour

(1/3) > >>

Oldboybob:
Hi There,

This is my new to me Raven Tour. I have had a Sherpa before and always hankered after a Raven with a Rohloff. I made a round trip of 560 miles on Saturday to pick this beauty up. I sourced some Schwalbe Hurricanes (they will do until I can find some Duremes) locally very cheap and fitted them to replace the far too skinny Gatorskins that were on it.
It came from a really nice chap who's eyesight was failing and included all luggage and extras.
Really pleased with it and plan to get some miles in very soon.

PH:
Thay looks to be in exceptionally clean condition, do you know the age and usage?
Not that it matters, they're built to last.
Hope it's everything you want it to be.

Matt2matt2002:
Wonderful bike.
Welcome to the elite part of the Thorn club.
The Raven Tour section.

Oldboybob:

--- Quote from: PH on October 18, 2021, 08:51:43 pm ---Thay looks to be in exceptionally clean condition, do you know the age and usage?
Not that it matters, they're built to last.
Hope it's everything you want it to be.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, the guy I bought it from looks to have bought it new in about 2011-2012. It has only been used very lightly and maintained by a ex Team GB cycle mechanic, it was on slicks and looks like it has never seen rough roads, possibly spent most of its life light touring.
The guy I bought it off Steve was an absolutely fantastic and genuine character who unfortunately had to sell due to deteriorating eyesight.

Oldboybob:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on October 18, 2021, 09:22:54 pm ---Wonderful bike.
Welcome to the elite part of the Thorn club.
The Raven Tour section.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much, I am very pleased with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version