Author Topic: SOLD. Thorn SHERPA satin black size 560S £650 collect.  (Read 3442 times)

leftpoole

SOLD. Thorn SHERPA satin black size 560S £650 collect.
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:38:42 am »
SOLD Thorn SHERPA satin black size 560S £650 collect. Near Bristol (Thornbury)
All new except frame. Ready to use now.
Absolute bargain. Excellent reason for selling.
Please Personal message if interested. I will not accept offers-sorry.
Photograph here:-     https://pbase.com/leftpoole/image/171490124

Brooks saddle not included but a replacement will be supplied.

Now listed Ebay with higher price and Best Offer http://ebay.us/IVfxu6?cmpnId=5338273189
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 08:10:16 am by leftpoole »

tyreon

Re: Thorn SHERPA satin black size 560S £650 collect.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 12:54:47 pm »
Wow! ...and another one! Only joshin,Leftpoole. Looks a luverly bike. If you could give me back 20 years,I'd take it. The only trouble with your postings is how I am to downprice my own Thorn,as I have a Club Tour to sell. I have to get real! Hope your sale goes well. My own posting will have to lose £100 I reckon. Maybe more.

julk

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:41:39 pm »
John,
Wow again - your bike builds are things of beauty - well done.
I am sure it will go to a keen cyclist.
Julian

in4

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:13:21 pm »
A true joy to behold! Some lucky person is going to have a great spring and summer.

leftpoole

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 09:43:17 am »
Thank you all! It is being sold because I have bought a  Brompton to carry around.
I can no longer cycle/camp/tour (Health) and the bike is simply covered up in my way.
So a little sadness but hopefully it will sell to someone who can and will/should make good use of it.
To the poor seller of a Club Tour-I am selling this lower than cost simply to hopefully sell quickly.
Best regards again for all those kind comments.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:01:10 am by leftpoole »

tyreon

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 10:16:15 am »
Leftpoole: I dont think you(meaning us)can hang around in the market thesedays. Cycling is changing,as are the riders and riding and cycles. I can be completely wrong,of course. With covid,the coming of less secure employment,more people in the jobs market,competition...certain styles of bike and bike use are going...to be replaced with others(?) I see e bikes,folders and certain road(or audax)riding now growing(I could be wrong) My rides are now urban or touring with folders(age and health and other contributory factors exclude road racing!! mtb-ing,or other)

I will watch your sale as I try to watch others: just to gauge what price my club tour will sell at. Like you I will only sell at click and collect. When I look at the bikes you have sold or are selling(and the quality),I realize I have to reset my re-sale.
Like you I am a reluctant seller.: I cant pick up that part of my life again. But that's as is. There's some real class bikes out there that people sell,and those I think are a little over-egged or dated. Still,another debate. Your bikes and prices...the bees knees.

Good luck with the sale. Have a good 2021
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:18:16 am by tyreon »

leftpoole

Re: SOLD. Thorn SHERPA satin black size 560S £650 collect.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 08:11:01 am »
SOLD

PH

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 09:49:45 am »
That was a good buy for the new owner, real bargain IMO.
I suggested it to someone I know is looking for a good commuter, but they didn't show much interest, I expect they'll end up spending more for something less, sometimes you can't help people...
I have a nice touring bike that doesn't get used much, the last of my derailleur bikes, also the last of my drop bar bikes,  I'd sell it but not for the price decent touring bikes are fetching, so I'll dust it off for a spin once in a while to remind myself why I prefer straight bar hub geared bikes. 

leftpoole

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 11:47:39 am »
That was a good buy for the new owner, real bargain IMO.
I suggested it to someone I know is looking for a good commuter, but they didn't show much interest, I expect they'll end up spending more for something less, sometimes you can't help people...
I have a nice touring bike that doesn't get used much, the last of my derailleur bikes, also the last of my drop bar bikes,  I'd sell it but not for the price decent touring bikes are fetching, so I'll dust it off for a spin once in a while to remind myself why I prefer straight bar hub geared bikes.

The bike was very nice obviously. It was also a very decent price. I actually wanted the money and the bike I knew was not going to be used again for some time. No holidays planned and Covid has ruined so much. I thought the best thing was offer for the amount I required and let it sell. I could have advertised for more and waited. But I am a fairly decisive person and my mind told me-'go for it'!
Sold within 24 hours at a suitable price.
Some bikes I see advertised week after/month after for ages. It is not worth waiting. Sell at the price it can make and not a 'hoped' for price.
Again I thank everyone for the kind comments.
John

tyreon

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 05:18:10 pm »
He did it(sold the bike),as I knew he would!

I could have waited 10 plus years for that used bike and none would have come around.

Fair dinkum. The new owner who rides out on this bike to some tea shop is gonna make some other cyclist spit nails when he tells his bargain story.

I still drag feet.

Crackers.

Not killing anyone tho!  ;)

Petepne2

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 11:19:08 pm »
Hi John.  Are you still on the forum ?