Author Topic: Son 28 powering B&M iQ-X and VeloCharger USB  (Read 8360 times)

Andre Jute

Re: Son 28 powering B&M iQ-X and VeloCharger USB
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 08:34:52 am »
I might be able to borrow a USB meter, though maybe not till after lockdown.  I wouldn't mind having a play with my own set up, rather than guessing and getting it wrong when I need it.
One has to wonder whether a USB meter won't reach you from China before the lockdown ends.

Mine was delivered here under three quid and looks like this, though they're all pretty much the same, so you may as well buy the cheapest one with all the facilities you want:

It tells you, remarkably accurately for such a cheap device, the instantaneous voltage, the time elapsed, the instaneous current, the accumulated charge. The only other control is a reset button. so that you can use it to determine how much in total over a period you charged a device only intermittently attached, like a phone. One male and one female USB connection. I'm on my second one in quite a few years, so it is pretty reliable as well as being accurate; mine lives on my treadmill, which is not conducive to the survival off electronic devices.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:29:31 am by Andre Jute »

JohnR

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 10:36:21 pm »
And if you can't find the Nokia 3310 then the somewhat newer Nokia 105 has similar features https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_105_(2019)-9773.php . However, it's not capable of all the other things which people now expect of their phones.

An alternative is a big power bank. Some, such as this https://www.amazon.co.uk/HETP-Charger-26800mAh-External-Smartphone/dp/B0876XS19C/, have a built-in solar panel and might do a reasonable job on a sunny day if it can be fixed on top of the pannier rack.

PH

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 09:09:43 pm »
One has to wonder whether a USB meter won't reach you from China before the lockdown ends.
:o
Quite likely, though my accumulation of gadgets has reached capacity and I'm only mildly curious...