Private Classified > Wanted

Rohloff hard tail touring bike/mtb

<< < (3/3)

Clive.:
Well, my Sterling eventually turned up, and un-damaged too - I had given up hope when DHL confirmed it as lost. I thought I'd mention it here for two reasons - one is just so that you can share my happiness, the other is that I have now learnt that it is better to arrange shipping in your own name if it is your own property you are moving. It's just so much more remote if you are trying to sort something when the shipper doesn't see you as their customer ie I should have arranged the courier to collect rather than leaving the 'sender' to arrange for me. It keeps the line of communication much shorter! A useful lesson learnt, so I thought I'd share.

PH:
Excellent news, it's probably had an adventure of it's own.
On your second point -  A word of caution, it changes the point at which you take ownership, you might be happy with that, but there's equally good arguments for not doing so.

macspud:
Happy for you.  :) 

leftpoole:

--- Quote from: Clive. on July 29, 2020, 03:31:29 pm ---Well, my Sterling eventually turned up, and un-damaged too - I had given up hope when DHL confirmed it as lost. I thought I'd mention it here for two reasons - one is just so that you can share my happiness, the other is that I have now learnt that it is better to arrange shipping in your own name if it is your own property you are moving. It's just so much more remote if you are trying to sort something when the shipper doesn't see you as their customer ie I should have arranged the courier to collect rather than leaving the 'sender' to arrange for me. It keeps the line of communication much shorter! A useful lesson learnt, so I thought I'd share.

--- End quote ---

Regarding your comment about arranging shipping oneself rather than the sender, I fully agree. I am currently waiting (6 weeks) for a package from DHL. It has been signed for by someone with a different name and in a different Town to me! DHL just keep repeating 'delivered'......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version