Technical > Transmission

New Chain fitted to Raven

<< < (5/5)

DAntrim:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on August 15, 2019, 08:26:10 am ---But will the Chainglider take the new threaded slim line rear sprocket?

--- End quote ---

Hi Matt

I have the slimline fitted on the mercury with 17 / 38 combo, the chainglider fits fine so no problems there

Carlos

Matt2matt2002:

--- Quote from: DAntrim on August 15, 2019, 08:19:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on August 15, 2019, 08:26:10 am ---But will the Chainglider take the new threaded slim line rear sprocket?

--- End quote ---

Hi Matt

I have the slimline fitted on the mercury with 17 / 38 combo, the chainglider fits fine so no problems there

Carlos

--- End quote ---

Many thanks. For some strange reason I thought that the new rear sprockets would throw out the line to the front ring and make the Chainglider incompatible.

martinf:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on August 16, 2019, 09:10:56 am ---Many thanks. For some strange reason I thought that the new rear sprockets would throw out the line to the front ring and make the Chainglider incompatible.

--- End quote ---

That would be the non-slimline carrier, the chainline with this is further out than with the threaded sprocket. So two possible Chainglider issues here:
(i) the rear part might foul the chainstay (it probably would on my Raven Tour which is pretty close anyway)
(ii) if the chainring stays in the same place, the misalignment might compromise Chainglider use. So would probably need a different bottom bracket axle or use of spacers under the fixed cup (thinking traditional square taper bottom brackets here).

Another point is that AFAIK the rear part of the old Chainglider for Rohloff is not compatible with the current splined sprockets and the rear part of the current model Chainglider for Rohloff is not compatible with the old threaded sprockets

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version