Author Topic: Rohloff hub, 26" to 700c rim  (Read 7512 times)

PH

Re: Rohloff hub, 26" to 700c rim
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 05:07:44 pm »
Thanks for the update, glad to know it went OK, as I said upthread I much prefer 700c.
My oldest hub also leaks oil, I do oil changes using the method described in the "Living with a Rohloff" booklet, basically double flush, add 25ml, mix it up, then remove most of it. That leaves the innards well covered with a cleaner oil than other methods, without there being much to leak out.
NOT great news that Rohloff/SJS etc will not supply new seals or the kit to fit them. Return to sender. Why??
They used to, but apparently some people messed it up, having watched the Youtube demos of it being done it's hard to imagine how, but I've seen enough  mechanical ineptitude that it doesn't surprise me. There's a Rohloff service centre in Manchester, a lot easier for me to get to than Bridgwater, I might at some point take it in and get it sorted, though I've been saying that for at least five years...

Tiberius

Re: Rohloff hub, 26" to 700c rim
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 05:24:22 pm »
PH. I completely agree re changing the seals, what is so difficult? Ping out/press in, I've done plenty on motorbikes. If I'm prepared to buy the Rohloff tools then I'm prepared to take the (perceived by some people) 'risks'.

Re the Manchester Rohloff agent. They are the people who rebuilt my wheel. They were very easy to deal with and did a good job. Hope that hasn't changed in the past 2 1/2 years.