Author Topic: Lumotex luxos U Handlebar switch query  (Read 4076 times)

Ianking

Lumotex luxos U Handlebar switch query
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:31:55 pm »
The USB cable on my handlebar switch has broken off where it leaves the switch. Has anyon dismantled one of these successfully?  Alternatively does anyone have an old light and switch they would sell for spares?

Thanks,

Ian

mickeg

Re: Lumotex luxos U Handlebar switch query
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 03:50:12 am »
I have not heard of anyone trying to do that kind of repair.  I assume that the warranty has expired?

I have not had any problems with my Luxos U, but once I was rather curious to know more about it and after doing a few internet searches I found this link:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/randon/qob5ex7lrWg

The first post on date 6/15/16 has several photos of the inside.  In that post, when he mentions capacitors, I suspect he really means tiny Li Ion batteries.  Other posts in that thread may also help you figure out the best plan of attack, as that is the only discussion I have seen on the internet about fixing a Luxos U.

I have essentially zero skill at soldering tiny connections on circuit boards, but on a few occasions where I could cut a wire and solder a new wire to the old wire instead of messing around with a circuit board, I was successful.

Good luck.