Technical > General Technical

Towing a trailer with a Thorn Audax

<< < (2/3) > >>

martinf:
I reckon an Audax should be OK towing a Carry Freedom, which has a hitch that fits to the rear wheel axle, a strong point on most bikes.

One thing to watch out for with a lightly-loaded two wheel trailer is accidentally tipping it over on pot holes or other irregularities. I have done this with my old trailer, which weighs 15 Kg unloaded and is really designed for mopeds, I reckon it would probably be easier to tip a lightweight trailer.

So I am now much more careful when towing empty. With a decent load (40-60 kg) my trailer is much more stable, the main issue becomes braking.

JimK:
I wonder if the type of load makes a difference. I am guessing that something with internal damping will help a trailer track well, versus a rigid load. E.g. a duffel of clothes might be better than the same weight of bricks. Bricks on top of something soft might work though.

B cereus:
A tandem would be better than a trailer. :)

ridgeback63:
Thanks everybody for your help,I usually tow it with my Raven and mostly use it for carrying sacks of coal,but the other folks doing the charity ride are the "roadie" type and will probably try and set a fast pace so my Audax is better suited,by the way it's a great trailer and I highly recommend it

jags:
stay away from those feckin roadies there all glory hunters on there fancy carbon yokes  ;)

or you could always find the biggest a... no better not make that comment  ;D ;D

no matter what enjoy the trip.

anto

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version