Community > Non-Thorn Related

Rides 2019 +++ Add yours here +++

<< < (2/14) > >>

PhilD28:
A few days ago, The Teesdale /Cumbrian border, a brisk day. I ride up here most days (I live about 10 miles down the valley), it's about 30 miles round trip and about 2000ft elevation, a good workout, beautiful in all weathers.
The bike is based around a Woodrups frame custom built for me by Kevin Sayles. It's a 650 B randonneur, very light very comfortable rolling on lightweight wheels I built using a mix of DT revolution (1.5mm) and Dt competition (1.8mm) spokes on SunXCD lightweight rims. Tyres are Compass 650 x 37mm, superb tyres that are very fast and supple.

This bike has worked out really well up to now and has replaced my fast 700C road bike, still ride various Thorns for loaded touring though.

PhilD28:
oops, don't know what happened there with the image will check it later.
Phil

Andre Jute:
Grand ride, Phil!

Try these references:

1. Post by Dan the Mod on a size limit of 512Kb per photo at http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13133.msg98661#msg98661. My large photo opening the thread is 121Kb, so Dan's limit is generous.

2. Resizing and uploading to the forum are discussed at http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4313.0. I generally make the longest dimension of my photograph 800 pixels and the shorter one will then scale to shorter than 800 pixels.

Post modified after Dan identified the problem.

Danneaux:
Format is a problem in this case, being JP2 rather than JPG. I converted the file and find it can display well with no problem.

The original JP@ is 428K. A TIF conversion of the same JP2file is too big at 27.3MB, so a downsized JPG conversion is the way to go.

Best,

Dan.

Andre Jute:
8 Celsius, wind 25kph WSW, light drizzle (called "a soft day" here in Ireland), perfect cycling weather. This is the sort of lane and smaller we prefer riding on. This one is in a valley and at right angles to the main river, which is also the main conduit for the wind, so it also offers some protection from the wind. You may notice from the two tyre tracks worn in the tarmac that the road is one car wide, and you can see another "feature" of Irish lanes, a sudden vertical drop into the ditch:

There are no second chances, but the "main" roads are lethal and stressful, so we make the best of the lanes -- and they are very beautiful:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version