Miscellaneous > Thorn Cycling Forum Policy and Administration

New size limits on attachments/uploads including photos

<< < (2/2)

leftpoole:
If I understood one word of the explanation I would adhere but as it is I do not!
Sorry.
John

martinf:
On Windows machines I use the "Fotosizer" shareware to reduce the size of batches of photos for sending to forums or by e-mail.

Andre Jute:

--- Quote from: martinf on October 19, 2018, 08:11:15 am ---On Windows machines I use the "Fotosizer" shareware to reduce the size of batches of photos for sending to forums or by e-mail.

--- End quote ---

On a Mac you can use GraphicConverter (unfortunately not free but then again cheap for the only photomanipulator any amateur needs*) which has a handy "Export for Web" command which reduces the quality of the photo a little but always gets it under the target size.

* I put all my photos through it with this routine: Crop Image, two turns of the default setting of Unsharp Mask, one turn of Auto Levels, Save the full-size version, Scale to a longest side of 800 pixels, Save with a small change in the title (I put the pixel size of the longest edge and the orientation of the image, portrait or landscape in the title), Export for Web at 512KB, and you're done. You can batch photographs together to make the process faster but up to a handful of photos I just do them individually because it's very fast indeed, quicker than reading these instructions.

julk:
+1 for GraphicConverter on a Mac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version