Technical > Wheels, Tyres and Brakes

Shwalbe Dureme any good?

<< < (2/2)

martinf:

--- Quote from: Joe B on September 17, 2018, 12:06:06 am ---Another vote in favour of the Dureme here.  I have the the 50mm wired version on my Thorn tandem as well as on my town/do-it-all bike, both pairs came from Spa Cycles who were selling them off cheap a couple of years ago. Good to know that they are now available again from SJS.

I rather like the Supreme too and run the 28mm folding version on my Thorn Audax and 26x1.5 on the recumbent.  The Supreme is a great year round road tyre while i prefer the Dureme on bikes that might occasionally venture off road.

--- End quote ---

I ran 50 mm Duremes on my old mountain bike, first during survey work that involved a lot of mild off-road riding on paths, tracks, fields, etc. and for a few years when it was used as a visitor bike. Now replaced the rear tyre with a Marathon Plus to idiot-proof the bike as much as possible, as I don't want visitors mucking about with the hub gear adjustement if they get a puncture.

For on-road touring I prefer 50 mm Supremes, which are lighter, slightly faster, but more fragile. I have a set of Duremes ready for when I next do a tour involving significant use of paths and tracks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version