Technical > Wheels, Tyres and Brakes

Swiss top retaining pins

<< < (5/5)

JimK:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on September 08, 2018, 11:11:06 am ---There wasn't always a clear run through due to a slight burr on the inside of the blue pad. Once smoothed out the pin went right down with its end hooking over.

--- End quote ---

My pad also had the pin channel rather obstructed from the mold seam. I scraped this clear but it wasn't enough to allow the pin to seat properly. Then I smoothed out the seam up at the nose of the pad so the pad would insert more fully. That was the final step that got the pin fitted. Oh and I tried cleaning out the front of the pad holder, in case there was a little pebble or something stuck in there that was blocking the pad from inserting fully. There might have been some cursing along the way too. But I think it was cleaning up the mold seam that had actual positive effect!

John Saxby:

--- Quote ---There might have been some cursing along the way too. But I think it was cleaning up the mold seam that had actual positive effect!
--- End quote ---

Don't underestimate the importance of your creative language, Jim.  It's often the intangibles that make the difference ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version