Community > Non-Thorn Related

Don't buy an eBike

<< < (11/11)

tyreon:
There are many views on e bikes. Here's mine: some peddlin is better than no peddlin. Its getting the blood circulating and getting the heart pumping. It makes you feel better. Motorcycling just isnt the same. I havent the licence to motorcycle,and can see its pleasures...but it isnt bicycling,if cycling is assisted...Still,both have pleasures and give opportunities to travel roads undiscovered...and feel better than travel by car.

It's good to hear Leftpoole still camps. I'm not sure if I have it in me theseadays. To have strong legs and a distant horizon was heaven.

I feel it more of an adventure to ride a Honda cub or somesuch,Leftpoole. I looked up what you mention is yours and feel you would have to do 60 miles before you break into the thrill that comes with bicycling. Still,getting out at all is a freedom.

Best wishes to you. I guess you still cycle some miles. Anything is better than nothing. Its what I say to myself.

Take care

energyman:
The  joy of a ride on my RST is matched by the joy of a ride on my ebike (when hills are involved !) so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.
I bet there were similar opinions when horseless carrigages first came onto the roads.

Matt2matt2002:

--- Quote from: energyman on June 30, 2021, 02:42:41 pm ---The  joy of a ride on my RST is matched by the joy of a ride on my ebike (when hills are involved !) so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.
I bet there were similar opinions when horseless carrigages first came onto the roads.

--- End quote ---

That takes me back. I always tipped the guy walking in front of me with the red flag.😉

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version