Private Classified > Wanted

WTD: Salsa El Mariachi XL

<< < (2/2)

Tiberius:
I've never owned a Thorn and ended up here by researching building an indestructible/expedition type bike. It may well be a long shot asking here but not everyone here owns just Thorns.

To the OP.....I have just had a quick Google to check that Salsa out. I love those dropouts....I can feel a Salsa drop bar/Rohloff (Marakesh ??) coming on.....What have you started ??!!!

Good luck with your search.... ;)

jags:
 ;D ;D

mickeg:

--- Quote from: Tiberius on May 22, 2018, 06:22:25 am ---...
To the OP.....I have just had a quick Google to check that Salsa out. I love those dropouts....I can feel a Salsa drop bar/Rohloff (Marakesh ??) coming on.....What have you started ??!!!

Good luck with your search.... ;)

--- End quote ---

Be advised that dropouts with really high rack mounts add limitations to your rack selection.  Thus, with that bike model, if you wanted a different brand of rack you could have difficulty getting a good fit.  I learned that when I bought my Lynskey, the rack mounts were unusually high up on the chainstays, that means that my rear rack sits unusually high.

I have seen in print on several occasions that Salsa Marakesh was the first touring bike that came in both a "short" frame for drop bars and a "long" frame for flat bars.  But that is a crock, Thorn had long and short frames for the different bar types for many years, possibly even before Salsa existed as a bike company.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version