Technical > Wheels, Tyres and Brakes

Are 26" tyres an endangered species?

<< < (3/3)

David Simpson:

--- Quote from: mickeg on April 24, 2018, 06:32:38 pm ---I heard a rumor that my favorite cycle shoe maker was going to stop making the cycle versions.  So, I quick bought a pair.  And a few weeks later the manufacturer announced that due to increased demand they were not going to stop making cycle shoes after all.

--- End quote ---

Oh, the irony!

Part of me wonders if the marketing department creates these rumours to test the demand for a product.

- DaveS

mickeg:

--- Quote from: David Simpson on April 24, 2018, 06:55:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: mickeg on April 24, 2018, 06:32:38 pm ---I heard a rumor that my favorite cycle shoe maker was going to stop making the cycle versions.  So, I quick bought a pair.  And a few weeks later the manufacturer announced that due to increased demand they were not going to stop making cycle shoes after all.

--- End quote ---

Oh, the irony!

Part of me wonders if the marketing department creates these rumours to test the demand for a product.

- DaveS

--- End quote ---

In my case I think not.  They made one cycle shoe model, and dozens of non-cycle models, I to them it was an odd offshoot that was probably low margin.

martinf:
26" tyres and rims are made by a lot of different companies.

But there is only one company making Rohloff hubs.

What if Rohloff goes out of business?

Andre Jute:

--- Quote from: martinf on April 24, 2018, 08:41:26 pm ---26" tyres and rims are made by a lot of different companies.

--- End quote ---

A proven design with huge brand recognition and reputation? Someone will buy the rights and make it elsewhere.

What you need to look out for is the firm that gets into financial difficulties and starts lowering the quality to enhance the margin, and letting the customer service department staff go to save the salaries, and generally wrecks the brand's reputation. Them nobody wants, and even less if their product has nothing to distinguish it from the generic products made by other companies.

energyman:

--- Quote from: martinf on April 24, 2018, 08:41:26 pm ---26" tyres and rims are made by a lot of different companies.

--- End quote ---

Let's not go there please ! 

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version