Private Classified > Bikes For Sale

Ebay: Raven Sport Tour Alfine £675 BIN or BO

<< < (2/4) > >>

PH:
Congrats on the new bike, it looks in great nick and an absolute steal at that price.
You might get on fine with the Alfine, I have one in a folder and am considering one for another bike, the gaps are inconsistent and some of them are quite large, but other than that I like it.  Doesn't have the gear range or legendary longevity of a Rohloff, but at the risk of being burnt at the stake as a heretic, in some ways I prefer it :o

humedavid:

--- Quote from: PH on December 02, 2017, 11:12:52 am ---Congrats on the new bike, it looks in great nick and an absolute steal at that price.
You might get on fine with the Alfine, I have one in a folder and am considering one for another bike, the gaps are inconsistent and some of them are quite large, but other than that I like it.  Doesn't have the gear range or legendary longevity of a Rohloff, but at the risk of being burnt at the stake as a heretic, in some ways I prefer it :o

--- End quote ---
+1 for Alfine
I have been using an Alfine mtb for 2 weeks now, only bought it because it was cheap. I really like the Alfine, enough for the commute. It does make some noise in gear 4, but only if shifting from below and only shifts down to 6 from 7 (I think) if not pedalling at all. These I can live with and it's probably a sign of needing maintenance anyway.

sd:
-10 for the alfine I find it horrendous reattaching the cable when putting the wheel back on. 

jacklord1961:
Bike arrived today via seller who transported it himself for small fee.Excellent condition apart from very feint scratch on cross bar practically mint condition  :) Looks brand new. I gave it a short run out to test alfine gears and impressed on the flat but may take it through its paces with a few hills later in the week,but great value for money  ;)

jags:
well done lovely bike keep her clean tail winds

anto. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version